Europe is a continent full of wonders and surprises. From bustling cities to the quiet countryside, there are many hidden gems waiting to be discovered, says Jilly G., owner of Jilly Plumbing, a San Antonio plumbing business out in Texas, and she shares that from museums to hidden parks, the continent has a lot to offer. In this article, we will highlight some of the best-hidden gems in Europe, including three subheadings.
Museums and Galleries
Europe is known for its rich cultural heritage and its many museums and galleries. Some of the best museums are hidden away from the busy streets, but they are worth seeking out. Here are three of the best-hidden museums and galleries in Europe:
- Museum of Old and New Art (MONA) in Tasmania: This museum is hidden away in a suburb of Tasmania and is one of the best museums in the world. It features a collection of contemporary and modern art, as well as ancient artifacts from around the world.
- The National Museum of Catalonia in Barcelona: This museum is located in the heart of Barcelona and is one of the most important museums in the city. It features a collection of art and artifacts from the Catalonia region of Spain.
- The Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art in Edinburgh: This museum is located in the heart of Edinburgh and is one of the best museums in Scotland. It features a collection of modern art, as well as contemporary works from around the world.
Parks and Gardens
Europe is also home to many hidden parks and gardens. These hidden gems are often hidden away from the busy streets and are the perfect place to relax and escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. Here are three of the best-hidden parks and gardens in Europe:
- Parc des Buttes-Chaumont in Paris: This park is located in the 19th arrondissement of Paris and is one of the best parks in the city. It features beautiful gardens, as well as a lake and a waterfall.
- The Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh: This garden is located in the heart of Edinburgh and is one of the best gardens in Scotland. It features a collection of plants and flowers from around the world.
- The English Garden in Munich: This garden is located in the heart of Munich and is one of the best parks in Germany. It features a lake, as well as beautiful gardens and paths.
Markets and Food Halls
Europe is also known for its delicious food and its many markets and food halls. These hidden gems are often located away from the busy streets and are the perfect place to sample the local cuisine. Here are three of the best-hidden markets and food halls in Europe:
- Mercato Centrale in Florence: This market is located in the heart of Florence and is one of the best markets in Italy. It features a collection of local food and wine, as well as handmade goods.
- Borough Market in London: This market is located in the heart of London and is one of the best markets in England. It features a collection of local food and wine, as well as handmade goods.
- La Boqueria Market in Barcelona: This market is located in the heart of Barcelona and is one of the best markets in Spain. It features a collection of local food and wine, as well as handmade goods.
In conclusion, Europe is a continent full of hidden gems waiting to be discovered. From museums and galleries to parks and gardens, there is something for everyone. So, next time you’re in Europe, be sure to seek out these hidden gems and discover the many wonders that the continent has to offer.
Parties, gift wrappings, and family gatherings characterize holidays. They are also a time meant to spend, create memories with friends, and a time to feel peace with gratitude for blessings from the previous year. Traveling during the holidays can sometimes be very pricey and stressful. It is better to avoid them, and sometimes that is not possible; we have discussed some tips that could help you confidently survive the holiday season.
Be Prepared for Delays and Cancellations
We all hope for a smooth, stress-free trip, but being safe than sorry is always better. In case of cancellations, you should never panic but instead, have a backup plan for some alternative flight. Also, you should not just sit in a long line at the check-in desk but also contact your airline as you wait and slide into their DMs on social media.
Packing in just a carry-on pack can be cheaper and faster and frees you of the mentality of keeping track of so many things or the possible loss of your bag at the airline. If you check your luggage, ensure that all your medication, important documents, and clothes to change are in your carry-on in case your luggage gets lost.
Plan for the Unexpected
It is always wise to plan accordingly for the unexpected. For instance, have extra time before your flight to deal with security checks. Also, spare time between connections and road trips to cater to possible delays. Pack tire chains for snowy conditions, a flashlight, and a first aid kit.
The Bottom Line
It is crucial to find ways of dealing with stress and anxiety brought about by traveling. However, you can plan to make your holiday travels more manageable and less stressful.…
Traveling is stressful and exciting to some people. Some people land at their travel destinations with swollen feet and ankles. And this could be a sign of a severe health problem.
Causes of Swollen Feet and Ankles When Traveling
Swollen feet and ankles can be due to fluid accumulation in the body for sitting down for long hours during a flight. Limited mobility during a flight can make blood flow to the limbs and joints sluggish. When your feet and legs don’t move normally, blood doesn’t flow to the feet and ankles correctly. And this encourages their swelling.
How to Avoid Swollen Feet and Ankles When Traveling
Most travelers get swollen feet and ankles after flying for long hours. However, you can do certain things to avoid having swollen feet and ankles when landing. For instance, you can put on support stockings during a long trip. That way, you can eliminate or reduce post-flight foot and ankle swelling. Also, try to stand up and walk inside the plane every half an hour. Additionally, try stretching and flexing your ankles, calves, and feet while seated.
Potential Risks and Problems
Medically, experts refer to swollen feet and ankles as gravitational edema. And this condition can make moving and fitting in your shoes painful. Although not always dangerous, this condition can be annoying. Therefore, start by ruling out any possible health hazard by visiting a doctor. Also, wear sandals or shoes with extra room.
Swollen limbs and joints can also be a sign of blood clots or deep vein thrombosis. Embolism can occur if the blood clot is lodged deep into the vein after flying for long hours and eventually breaks. If this happens, the condition can damage a vital organ or even cause death.
If you get swollen feet and ankles after air travel, talk to your doctor to rule out possible health hazards. Once sure that you don’t have a severe health condition, wear supportive stockings and walk around in the cabin every 30 minutes. Also, flex and stretch the ankles, calves, and feet while seated to enhance blood circulation.…
When some people travel, they spend most of their time sitting on tropical beaches and sipping their favorite drinks. However after listening to Jimmy G from Techy Ninjas, San Antonio seo company business owner says you can spend your travel time broadening your horizons. Travel can be a chance to enhance personal growth. Here is a guide on how to expand your horizons when traveling.
Interacting with the Locals
Direct interactions with local people enable you to learn how they live. Your interactions can teach you facts about their lives. And the experience you get when you mingle with locals at your travel destination can be priceless. That’s because it can teach you to appreciate some of the things you could be taking for granted back at home.
Leaving Tourist Spots
When you spend all your time at the tourist spots, you hang out with people that might not know much about your travel destination. However, leaving the tourist spots to explore your travel destination gives you a chance to see and learn interesting things about your destination. You also know how people in your host country live, their challenges, and how they overcome them.
Researching Your Destination
If you aim to expand your horizons when traveling, take your time to research your destination extensively. Find out which places can give you the most educative experience. What’s more, find out what you can learn or experience when you travel to your preferred destination. And most importantly, know what makes other people want to travel to that destination.
Traveling should entail more than having fun and relaxing. When traveling, focus on broadening your horizons too. And you can do this by exploring your destination by leaving tourist spots and interacting with the locals. Take your time to find out how people live, their life challenges, and how they overcome them. That way, you will go back home having learned or experienced something different. And this can broaden your horizons.…